Meet Mrs. Peters, new principal at Cedarville Elementary!
- What made you want to change schools to become principal? Cedarville is an exceptional school known for it’s outstanding academic excellence. I’m excited to be part of this building and help students, families, and teachers reach their next goals and provide continued support to all our building’s stakeholders.
- Are there any changes you would like to make to the school? It will be important for me to learn how Cedarville and it’s community of stakeholders work and support the building. As an educator, we are always researching and reviewing our best practices to ensure that students are receiving the best possible education with the best materials and in the best environment we can provide.
- How long have you been with the district? 21 years of experience. The 2022-23 school year will be year #22!
- Can you list some of your prior work experiences? Taught Kindergarten at Hoagland Elementary (4 years), 4th and 5th grades at Harlan Elementary (6 years), 6th grade at Leo Elementary (3 years), was the Instructional Coach for Leo and Cedarville Elementary (1 year). Principal at New Haven Primary (5 years), Principal at Southwick Elementary (2 years) and now at Cedarville.
- What are you looking forward to most about this job? I am looking forward to learning all about Cedarville and learning how I can best support everyone to keep us moving in a positive, forward direction, continuing academic excellence and continuing outstanding community support and service.
Welcome Mrs. Peters!