To meet this goal NAND will:
- Provide staff training on tobacco, alcohol and other drug issues (ATOD).
- Give support to organizations working against ATOD with adult volunteers and financial assistance.
- Expand and publicize opportunities for students to get help with tobacco, alcohol and other drug problems.
- Study and implement random drug testing of extra-curricular participants and student drivers.
- Provide parent education on tobacco, alcohol and other drug issues.
- Develop a needs assessment to define parent/community attitudes toward adolescent tobacco, alcohol and other drug use.
- Implement Party Safe Homes project and provide training to parents.
- Develop more drug free activities in the community for students.
- Secure funding to support the projects of the NAND task force.
- Work with law enforcement to encourage consistent enforcement of laws related to tobacco, alcohol and other drug use.
- Work with business establishments who employ minors to develop programs to encourage a drug and alcohol free workplace.
- Develop and implement a training program to offer to adult volunteers who work with our youth.
problem of drug and alcohol use among youth is not unique to the East
Allen County Schools Community. But what is unique is that we are
taking a proactive, community-wide approach to addressing the problem
and protecting our children.