Dear East Allen County Schools Community:
July 1, 2014 will be my one year anniversary as Superintendent of East Allen County Schools. I have thoroughly enjoyed this awesome journey! During the past year, our District has reached new heights and we continue to strive for excellence. It will remain our top priority to continually increase academic achievement for all students so they can become successful and productive 21st century citizens.
East Allen County Schools has a strong commitment to education and that commitment is clear in the variety of opportunities. We strive to offer something for everyone including, career/technical courses, college preparatory coursework, fine arts programs, athletic programs, and more.
We could not do the important work we do without the support and meaningful partnerships with our parents, staff, teachers, and community members. We strongly believe in collaboration and the establishment of genuine caring relationships with our students and families.
Because this is summer break, I want to highly suggest that parents work with and encourage their child to READ, READ, READ over this break. Below are 10 reasons why it is important to read during summer break:
- Kids who read often and widely get better at it.
- Reading exercises our brains.
- Reading improves concentration.
- Reading teaches children about the world around them.
- Reading improves a child’s vocabulary and leads to more highly-developed language skills.
- Reading develops a child’s imagination.
- Children who read do better at school.
- Reading is a great form of entertainment!
- Reading relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- Reading with your child is a time to bond.
To read eBooks please click here.
Have a great summer break and remember to READ, READ, READ!