Information and Resources for Community, Staff, and Candidates
To assist in our upcoming Superintendent search, the East Allen County Schools’ Board of School Trustees are working with the University Team Support for Superintendent Recruitment. They provide years of knowledge and a network of individuals that will enable us to recruit the most qualified candidates for this important position.
The Board realizes the importance of this outcome and will make every effort to allow for our staff, parents and community members to participate in the selection of our next Superintendent and to provide a search that is as open and as transparent as possible. To that end, we will be collecting input during several forums over the course of the next several weeks and providing opportunities to fill out electronic surveys (see link below) to assist us in choosing a new educational leader.
|End of April
||Develop criteria for the direction of EACS
- Dates to meet with EACS employees:
- All EACS Service Center & Central Office Staff - March 19th – 5:30 p.m. at the Administration Building
- All New Haven/Harding attendance area schools staff will meet on March 20th at 4:30 p.m. at New Haven High School.
- All other EACS School Staff attendance areas will meet on March 21st – 4:30 p.m. at their respective attendance area’s High School:
- Heritage attendance area schools staff will meet at Heritage Jr./Sr. HS
- Leo attendance area schools staff will meet at Leo Jr./Sr. HS
- Woodlan attendance area schools staff will meet at Woodlan Jr./Sr. HS
- Dates to meet with parents and community members:
- Wednesday, March 20th at 6:00 p.m. – All New Haven/Harding attendance area Schools will meet at New Haven High School
- Thursday, March 21st at 6:00 p.m. at each respective attendance area’s HS:
- Heritage attendance area schools will meet at Heritage Jr./Sr. HS
- Leo attendance area schools will meet at Leo Jr./Sr. High School
- Woodlan attendance area schools will meet at Woodlan Jr./Sr. HS
- Develop and implement a web survey that will gather input from teachers, support staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members
||Begin screening applicants
||Begin interviewing candidates
||Hire new Superintendent
Deadline to submit is April 12, 2013
Survey results will be available later in April.
Superintendent Search Process Update
This page will be updated after each Timeline item is completed.
Information for Candidates
Send applications to:
Dr. Betty Poindexter
Associate Professor Educational Leadership and Placement Director
W.W. Wright Education Building
Bloomington, IN 47405-1006
Cell (317) 517-6665
School of Ed, Suite 3136*
902 West New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5155
*Use this address for forwarding applications